The Wellness Plan
At Alletess Medical Laboratory nutrition plays a large part in the lives of our food allergic patients. We understand that proper nutrition is the foundation of health. We provide a four-day rotation, elimination Wellness Plan. This customized plan is compiled directly from your test results and the nutrition questionnaire. As a courtesy our staff dietitians are available for consultations to assist both patient and physician. Their expertise will help navigate the challenges the patient experiences when eliminating and rotating foods in their diet, supporting the patient’s journey toward optimum health.
- Foods to eliminate are clearly identified while allowed foods are suggested on each of the four days to guide the patient in making food choices.
- Food recommendations suggest a variety of fresh and nutritious foods.
- Resources are included to aid the patient in either purchasing or preparing food selections.
- Instructions on how to reintroduce foods are included.
- Rotation of foods discourages the over indulgence of one food to compensate for the removal of another.
- Reduces the chance of developing new food sensitivities.
- A wallet size card that lists the foods the patient needs to avoid is provided making it easy to food shop.
The Candida Diet accompanies the Candida Profile test result. It is designed to aid in the management of Candida sensitive patients by eliminating particular foods, which can aggravate the imbalance of the gut and other organs. The Candida Diet eliminates foods such as sugars, syrups, packaged and processed foods and alcoholic beverages. It also recommends avoiding airborne molds, and foods where yeast or fungi can be found. Other foods such as mushrooms, aged cheeses, peanuts, cashews and some fermented products should be avoided.
- A list of foods to avoid
- Shopping list
Mold Elimination Plan
Molds are found in virtually every environment both indoors and outdoors. Controlling your environment and avoiding certain foods which contain mold can significantly reduce your symptoms. Our Mold Elimination Plan provides a list of common sources of molds, descriptions and common places where molds can be found. A list of mold containing foods is included along with helpful information and resources for mold removal. The Mold Elimination Plan will accompany the Mold Panel IgE and IgG test result.